With the Jubilee, a new space in the Villa is now open to the public: the “Galleria delle Grottesche”, an elegant passageway on Villa Farnesina’s main floor, characterized by an original wooden vault decorated with grotesques painted on a white background. • Visitors showing a valid entry ticket to the Vatican Museums (within 7 days of its issue) will be given a discount on the entrance fee to the Villa Farnesina. • During the Jubilee, some publications of the National Academy of the Lincei will be freely available to pilgrims in the Villa. Via della Lungara (also known in the past as “Sub Jano” because of its track that ran along the Janiculum hill) was, among the streets connected with the Jubilee, one of the most followed by the pilgrims who crowded along its path to reach the tomb of St. Peter to gain indulgences; therefore the road soon became known as “via sancta”. Rearranged as a proper urban road under Pope Alexander VI (1492-1503), with Julius II della Rovere (1503-13) the Lungara (which owes its name to its long straight track) took its final shape, parallel to the via Giulia on the opposite side of the Tiber. In the 16th century this area was almost a city within a city, adorned with gardens that stretched down to the river banks and surrounded stately homes, like the one that belonged to Agostino Chigi, the rich banker of Pope Julius II: the splendid Villa Farnesina. Baldassare Peruzzi, the famous architect, was appointed to build Agostino’s villa when the Sienese banker was at the peak of his lush life and wished to have his new home built in a rural setting, away from the city’s toils and far from his old house downtown, in Via dei Banchi. The villa was decorated not only by Peruzzi, but Raphael, Sebastiano del Piombo and Sodoma also painted frescoes inspired by classical myths. In 1511 the villa, whose “greenhouse” was washed by the Tiber, was already built and its decoration partially completed; Agostino Chigi, called the “magnificent”, spent his life there as a generous, wealthy and honoured benefactor, as an artists’ patron and a friend of princes and cardinals whom he delighted to welcome in his home.